X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos from Vazyuk, small settlement and station in Russia

Hello! I want to talk about their native place. I was born in the settlement Vazyuk, it is in the Kirov region, Russia. My settlement (although it can be called a village) established in 1929 on the site of a railway siding on the railway Kirov-Kotlas as the site of logging. Now they live about 500 people, although in the Soviet period lived 1500. We are a sawmill where the wood is loaded on the railway. The name "Vazyuk" is not actually in Russian language, and the language of Komi, from which translates into English as "Duck's creek". Likewise, a small river called a few kilometers from settlement.

Railway station Vazyuk has two ways, it departs from the branch to the sawmill. Recently, I started working at this station. My job is literally translated from Russian as "duty worker of railway station", but in English it is properly called "yardmaster". I do trains pass through the station and supervise shunting work on the way to the sawmill.

I will show a few pictures. In this buiding are yardmaster's facility, office of station-master and a waiting room for passengers:

General view of the station

View to station from the north

View towards Nagibino station, which is just north of Vazyuk

View towards the Starovercheskaya station, which is located south of Vazyuk

View to station from the south:

Overall gates on a sawmill's branch:

railroad crossing:

Passenger platform:

Console of yardmaster:

To be continued. I will be glad to answer your questions!
    Vladislav

Very interesting. It's always refreshing to see and hear about railroads, and railroad employees from unfamiliar parts of the world.
    Even this one small commonality unites us all, which is a great thing.
    Look forward to seeing and hearing more.
    доброй ночи
    Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

These photos were taken in 2011 in the northern part of the station.

Northbound freight train with diesel locomotive 2TE10M (2 x 3000 horsepower, it's a not two A units, it's a double locomotive):

Southbound ore train with two 2TE10M:

Northbound train for railway workers with CHME3 (1350 horsepower) switcher:

Northbound commuter train Kirov-Pinyug:

Southbound freight train:

Railway workers with defectoscopic cart:
      Last edited by Vazyuk; 08-15-2015, 06:10 AM.
      Vladislav

Comment

Thanks for sharing more pics!
        Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looking to the north of your location, at Опарино (Oparino?) there appears to be a narrow gauge railway, is that still operational?

Always interested to read about Russian railways which certainly merit more coverage in the various sims.

Edit: Found a link: http://narrow.parovoz.com/emb/index.php?ID=2237
          Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 08-15-2015, 06:47 AM.
          Vern.

Comment

Oparino - center of my district. I was on Oparino narrow gauge railway in 2011, three trains transporting timber per day, once a week was a passenger train from the Oparino to village Chursya - there lives less than 100 people. On Monday morning, the passenger train takes them in the Oparino where they can walk to shops, hospitals, government offices etc., and in the evening the train takes away them back. I heard that now want to close it, a lot of forests have been cut down, and the remaining prefer to carry on the trucks. From Chursya soon leave all residents.

I think that it is necessary to create a new topic, where I will upload railway photos from other villages and towns of the Kirov region, I have a lot of them.
            Vladislav

Comment

Why is the STOP sign in English?!!
              IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Why is the STOP sign in English?!!
                Because this is an international sign, he looks almost worldwide.

Who are again pictures from 2011, but it is the southern part of the station.
                Southbound passenger long-distance train Vorkuta-Adler with 2 (the second locomotive is not working) locos TEP70:

Northbound freight train with two 2TE10M. In the last cars - trucks "Ural":

View to south, to Starovercheskaya station:

View to station from south:

View to sawnmill"s branch:

Always interested to read about Russian railways which certainly merit more coverage in the various sims.

For MSTS has a Soviet / Russian narrow gauge rolling stock, sometimes very high quality. Basically, he is here: http://relsomania.ucoz.ru/load/5
                It is also quite old addions have here: http://sutkovoyv.narod.ru/msts.htm

Unfortunately, these sites do not have the English version, but I can put the entire Russian narrow-gauge rolling stock in a single zip archive, but I do not know whether it is contrary to the rules of the forum on the Russian MSTS forums so you can do, the authors of add-ons do not complain.
                Last edited by Vazyuk; 08-16-2015, 04:19 PM.
                Vladislav

Comment

At this time, recent photos.

The fog at the station and near sawnmill's branch (8 PM):

Frog's electromotor:

Cab of CHME3 switcher (shunting operations at the sawmill):

Sunset on the station:

The station at 10 PM:

4 AM:

8 AM:
                  Vladislav

Comment

Nice! I like the dog watching the 2TE10M's approaching. Those engines really smoke it up!
                    Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

I looked on Google for the weather in the Kirov region, only 12.9 degrees C maximum today, and it is the end of summer there. It must be crazy cold in winter. Where I live in Melbourne Australia, we do not even get snow in winter. I cannot imagine living through a Russian winter.
                      Last edited by Armchair_Engo; 08-23-2015, 12:32 AM.

Comment

In the Kirov region in the winter the temperature is typically -10 degrees С, but it happens and -40 С.

Now I'll post photos of Vazyuk's winter. This photo was taken in December 2012, December 20, I was drafted into the army, and a few days before my departure, decided to say goodbye to the settlement.

View to station from south:

View from passenger platform:

View to station:

Northbound commuter train Kirov-Pinyug departure from station:

Southbound ore train with two 2TE10M:

Sawnmill:

View to station from north:

Southbound switcher CHME3 in the northern part of station:

Sawnmill's branch:

Then, the temperature was about -20 degrees С.
                        Vladislav

Comment

September 2014, view to settlement from GSM-antenna (it was still under construction).

Sawnmill:

Sawnmill's branch:

Freight train:

Video with this freight train: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2EREov_If8 And two panoramic videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_ZGRtAOXI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMx2mc7yFV0

January 2015, northbound freight train:

Snowplough train:
                          Vladislav

Comment

More great shots.
                            May I ask, what is the purpose of the cars on the middle of the plow train?
                            And, what is the gauge of the track on these railroads?

Thank you,
                            Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Middle cars are designed for storage of snow, then he is thrown in one place. Track gauge is 1520 mm ("russian gauge"). In our settlement forest to the sawmill transported by trucks, ins ome other settlements forest transported by narrow gauge railways (750 mm), but some railroads are closed or on the verge of closing, there are few fully working.
                              Vladislav

Comment

Working...
                              X